I’m Steph, a 30-year-old multi-award-winning plus-size style blogger, freelance journalist, public speaker & fat acceptance advocate from London with a penchant for graphic novels, video games, photography and Jason Momoa.
My site serves as a personal space for me to share my personal style, rave about some beauty bits, and more importantly, talk about issues important to me such as body confidence, mental health, loving yourself and being the best person you can be. I hope that my blog can serve as an inspiration to many and to help teach others to be happy and confident in how you look, to wear whatever you want and feel amazing and to just go on living your best life.
I have been writing for over 11 years and have an active presence within the body positivity community with around 100k+ followers across my main social media channels.
I’ve appeared on Sky News, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio London, LBC, ITV, MTV UK, BBC Ireland, and BBC Radio 5 live sharing my expert opinion on body confidence, and have been featured on (and have written for) several publications, which can be seen on my press
I am also currently in the process of writing my debut non-fiction book ‘FATTILY EVER AFTER
‘ and am represented by The Blair Partnership.
*Blogosphere ‘Blogger of the Year’ Award 2019 – Winner
* RewardStyle Trendsetter of the Year 2020 – Winner
*Navabi Fashion Writer of the Year 2020 – Winner
Want to work with me?
Please feel free to get in contact with me if you would like to collaborate with me on either my blog or social media accounts. If you are a brand, publication or represent a brand that you think would fit with the nature of my blog, I would love to hear from you!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries, my media kit, and my rates and we will get back to you ASAP.
My reputation as a speaker and panellist is built on my vast experience of overcoming adversity and being able to reflect emotionally to allow for novel insights. My expertise has presented me with numerous opportunities to share my story and voice my insights with audiences nationwide, including:
- Panellist at Women of the World Festival at the Southbank Centre
- Moderating/hosting the Youtuber Key Note Speeches at VidCon
- Moderating the Personal Style Influencer Panel at VidCon
- Panellist with Naomi Wolf at the 10th Anniversary Women of the World Festival
- Speaker at Oxford University Student Union on sexuality and diversity
- Panellist at UCL on black women in the media
- Moderator at the Anti Diet Riot Festival
- Panellist at the Lush Cosmetics x Black Girl Festival Beauty Convention
- Panellist at LSE on race and body positivity within the media and online
- Fashion and Diversity Lecture at the London College of Fashion
- A host on a black beauty & hair panel at the Black Girls Festival
- ICA Fashion Museum x GUAP Magazine Panellist on fashion and race
- Africa Utopia Festival at the Southbank Centre
- Submitting evidence on body image for the Youth Select Committee at Houses of Parliament
- Style Expert Panel at the Blogosphere Xmas Festival
- Body & Style Convo Convention
- Panellist at the Labour Women’s Convention in Brighton
Contact me on the email above for speaking opportunities! Contact me for speaking ops!
Since being asked to contribute an article in 2016 for women’s publication LAPP The Brand (owned by supermodel Leomie Anderson), I have been fortunate enough to write – and be a columnist for – many reputable publications including British Vogue, GQ Magazine, Elle Magazine, Lonely Planet, Stylist Magazine, The Pool, Bustle, The Huffington Post, Who What Wear, The Guardian, Refinery 29, Glamour Magazine, Grazia and Metro (see ‘Press‘ page)
Contact me for commissions!
TV and Radio Appearances :
As a strong advocate of the body positivity movement and the different intersections that weave within it, I am available for commentary on topics including body confidence and mental health. I have been featured on shows such as ITV Points of View, Channel 5 News, The Jeremy Vine Show, Good Morning Britain, BBC 4 Women’s Hour, BBC 5 Live, BBC 1xtra, LBC, MTV UK and more.
Contact me for the above!